- Niwa warrants the original purchase of this product against defects in material and workmanship under normal use for one (1) year from the date of purchase.
- All returns or repairs must be accompanied by a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number given by a Niwa representative prior to any service of a Niwa product.
- This warranty shall not apply to this product or any part thereof which had been damaged by accident, abuse, misuse, modification, negligence, alteration, or misapplication. This determination will be decided upon after a product review has been executed by a Niwa representative.
- This warranty shall apply only to the United States, including Alaska, Hawaii and territories of the United States and Canada.
- Defective devices need to be returned with a “proof of purchase” receipt.
- For additional warranty information, contact the Niwa support team at email@example.com. Our normal business hours are Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. We are closed for most major holidays.
- Monetary refunds of the warranty will not be given.
- All warranty service is provided through the factory or an authorized retail partner.
Service and Repair Program
For all service and repairs please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our normal business hours are Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. We are closed for most major holidays. If additional information is needed (i.e. order number, date of shipment, etc) we will let you know. Lastly, please be aware below of the additional steps and disclaimers when submitting a claim.
Once one of our team members has been contacted, they will begin to work on trying to find a solution for the problem explained in your claim.
After our team has discussed the issue with you, and if we’ve determined your Niwa is defective or broken, you will need to ship your Niwa to our service center in the United States.
Additionally, all products need to be shipped in their original packaging with all protective padding and wrapping.
Once our team has received your Niwa, we will notify you and communicate an estimated time (and cost if applicable) for servicing the issue associated with your claim. Once our team has completed the service needed, we will proceed to ship your Niwa back to you.
After our support team receives your Niwa that has been claimed to be defective or broken during the guarantee period, and after running quality-control tests and evaluating all the parts we find no issues or defective aspects of the Niwa. Then the shipping costs will need to be covered by the customer who submitted the claim. We will be sure to find the most cost-effective option of shipping the part(s) back.
If a claim for a defective or broken Niwa is submitted in the first 30 days after you have received your order, we will send a prepaid shipping label to you to then send your broken or defective parts to a service center closest to you. Once received we will communicate with you, provide an estimated time of service, and ship the serviced Niwa back to you.
If, after reviewing the troubleshooting tips online, the unit still doesn’t work, you may contact us directly for technical support at email@example.com. If we cannot help you resolve the problem, we will issue you an RMA # (Return Merchandise Authorization) authorizing you to return the controller to us for review (if the unit is under warranty). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an RMA and shipping address. Complete the form below and include it with your unit. Also, please write the RMA # on the outside of the box. Additionally, please package the unit in its original packaging. If it is damaged in shipment, we cannot be responsible. Once we receive the controller back, we will alert you and notify you of our review. We will return it to you freight prepaid if the product is within warranty and was not damaged by accident, abuse, misuse, modification, negligence, alteration or misapplication.
What does this limited warranty cover?
During our warranty period, Niwa will repair or replace, whichever we deem as a proper solution, products or parts of a product that proves defective because of improper material or workmanship, under normal use and maintenance. If we determine any product, model or part of a model is damaged beyond normal use, we have the authority to terminate any warranty claim.
- We can repair broken parts of a product using new or replacement parts if we deem the warranty claim is sufficient.
- We can exchange with a new product if the function of the Niwa system is considered to be a factory malfunction.
- Our warranty will cover any products that proved defective because of improper material or if the customer received the product broken. Photos will need to be sent on the day of shipment arrival at the customer's door.
What will we do to correct problems?
First, customers should communicate with our support team (email@example.com) so we can discuss the particular problem internally and evaluate a proper solution. Additionally, we promote all Niwa community members to reach out to our Niwa Community Forum and ask if other community members dealing with the same issue. A claim might be an easy fix and not a malfunction of the Niwa system.
What does the limited warranty not cover?
Our limited warranty does not cover any problem that is caused by
- Conditions, malfunctions, or damage not resulting from defects in material, hardware design or workmanship.
- Damages resulting from improper maintenance to protect you from customers that may abuse the warranty coverage you have for the products you sell.
- Damages resulting from natural disasters.
- Theft of a product.
- Loss of a product after or during shipment.
To obtain warranty service, you must first contact us to determine the problem and the most appropriate solution for you.
How long does the coverage last?
Our limited warranty covers any defects in material, hardware design or workmanship under normal use during the warranty period of 12 months from the day an order is executed.